Today’s research: raiding the Imagine FX Online Workshops (as well as the issues I currently own). The following is a list of the workshops I thought might be useful for this project and have downloaded. The ones in bold are the ones I have completed going through and the italic text is what I’ve taken from it.
- Become A Better Artist: dramatic skies (use a colour that sets the mood - maybe orange and yellow/purple), aerial perspective (add a blue hue to things that are far away for depth), bounce the lighting (ambient colour), contrast (highest point of value at the focal point), background-middleground-foreground.
- Colour Theory Simplified: include tertiary colours and greyness for balance, analogous colour versus complimentary colour schemes (red vrs green-blue maybe), tone down the colour of the larger areas so they’re not overwhelming.
- Cutting Edge Comic Art: great read with lots of useful advice for comic cover art but nothing applicable to this project.
- Henning’s 101 Colour
- Create Film Sets in Photoshop:
- Liberate Your Colours
- Painterly Matte Painting: